Re: Parsing files in python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Dec 24, 2012.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 12/23/2012 11:05 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:

    > But other than that, yes, Python's a good choice for this. (I find it
    > amusing how I said "yeah, good idea to make a DSL, I wonder if you can
    > capitalize on Python" and you said "don't make a DSL, maybe you can
    > capitalize on Python" - opposite opening argument, same conclusion and
    > recommendation.)

    I am aware that every substantial module, let alone package, defines a
    domain-specific extension or vocabulary. str.format and struct even have
    their own mini-language (which people tend to forget if not used
    regularly). What I meant was to not invent a domain-specific base
    language and syntax that is a complete replacement for an existing one.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Dec 24, 2012