Re: Pass data to a subprocess

Discussion in 'Python' started by andrea crotti, Jul 31, 2012.

  1. 2012/7/31 Laszlo Nagy <>:
    >> I think I got it now, if I already just mix the start before another add,
    >> inside the Process.run it won't see the new data that has been added after
    >> the start. So this way is perfectly safe only until the process is launched,
    >> if it's running I need to use some multiprocess-aware data structure, is
    >> that correct?

    > Yes. Read this:
    >
    > http://docs.python.org/library/multiprocessing.html#exchanging-objects-between-processes
    >
    > You can use Queues and Pipes. Actually, these are basic elements of the
    > multiprocessing module and they are well documented. I wonder if you read
    > the documentation at all, before posting questions here.

    As I wrote "I found many nice things (Pipe, Manager and so on), but
    actually even
    this seems to work:" yes I did read the documentation.

    I was just surprised that it worked better than I expected even
    without Pipes and Queues, but now I understand why..

    Anyway now I would like to be able to detach subprocesses to avoid the
    nasty code reloading that I was talking about in another thread, but
    things get more tricky, because I can't use queues and pipes to
    communicate with a running process that it's noit my child, correct?
    andrea crotti, Jul 31, 2012