Re: Passing values from html to python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Albert Hopkins, Oct 22, 2009.

  1. On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 10:44 +0200, Ahmed Barakat wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I am new to python and wed-development, I managed to have some nice
    > example running up till now.
    > I am playing with google app engine, I have this situation:
    >
    > I have a text box in an html page, I want to get the value in it and
    > pass it to the python script to process it
    > I can pass values from python to html, but the other way I don't know
    > how to do that.

    You need a web server: something that speaks the HTTP protocol.

    Albert Hopkins, Oct 22, 2009

  2. "Albert Hopkins" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 10:44 +0200, Ahmed Barakat wrote:
    >> Hi guys,
    >>
    >> I am playing with google app engine, I have this situation:
    >>
    >> I have a text box in an html page, I want to get the value in it and
    >> pass it to the python script to process it

    > You need a web server: something that speaks the HTTP protocol.

    Google's servers will probably be able to handle his requirements for
    the time being ;)

    It's going in at the deep end a bit, going straight to App Engine but
    webapp or cgi is what you need. Or we could discuss what the best
    Python web framework is again...

    http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/runtime.html#Requests_and_CGI

    Richard Brodie, Oct 22, 2009