Re: password confirmation - how?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Oct 14, 2003.

  1. There is a link to the sample code that you can download on the top right
    side of the page.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    "timmso" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks....but....how do I implement your suggestion? Is there a sample
    > application I can run? Your page doesn't provide a .sln file. What am I
    > supposed to do with all of the supporting files?
    >
    > If my concerns sound ignorant, please excuse me...I am new to .net. How

    can

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Oct 14, 2003

  2. Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

    timmso Guest

    Yeah, I know. Like I said, I have the supporting files, but there's no
    ".sln" file. What am I supposed to do with all the supporting files? Don't I
    need the 'solution' file to run the app?

    timmso, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

    Jim Shelly Guest

    If it has a vbproj or a cproj or can open it that way.

    If it has neither of these files then create a new project in vs.net and add
    the files manually. To add the files, just right click on the project in
    the Solution Manager, click add, then click Add Existing Files.

    Jim Shelly, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

    timmso Guest

    Thanks. I put it in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DemoFormsAuth, tried to run it and
    got the error message:

    Configuration Error

    in IIS.

    Source Error:
    Line 19: "Forms", "Passport" and "None"
    Line 20: -->
    Line 21: <authentication mode="Forms">
    Line 22: <forms name="myform" loginUrl="login.aspx" />
    Line 23: </authentication>

    How do I correct this?

    timmso, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Go into IIS.
    Find the folder.
    Go into properties.
    Click on the "Create" application button.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    "timmso" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks. I put it in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DemoFormsAuth, tried to run it and
    > got the error message:
    >
    > Configuration Error

    file
    > required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
    > below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
    >
    > Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as
    > allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This

    error
    > can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an

    application

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Oct 15, 2003
  6. Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

    timmso Guest

    Thanks..that helps for that error. Now when I run it I get the error:

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: File or assembly name System.Web, or one of its
    dependencies, was not found.

    Source Error:

    Line 56: -->
    Line 57: <httpHandlers>
    Line 58: <add verb="*" path="*.vb"
    type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
    Line 59: <add verb="*" path="*.cs"
    type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
    Line 60: <add verb="*" path="*.vbproj"
    type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\DemoFormsAuth\web.config Line: 58

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'System.Web' could not be loaded.

    I can see line 58 in the web.config file. Thanks for your patience.

    timmso, Oct 16, 2003
  7. It really shouldn't be this hard. I wonder if your .NET framework is set up
    correctly.
    Are you able to run other ASP.NET web apps with no problem?
    You may need to repair your IIS mappings.
    To do this, run the following command:
    aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    Here's further information:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q306005

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    "timmso" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks..that helps for that error. Now when I run it I get the error:
    >
    > Configuration Error

    file
    > required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
    > below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
    >
    > Parser Error Message: File or assembly name System.Web, or one of its
    > dependencies, was not found.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >

    > Line 56: -->
    > Line 57: <httpHandlers>
    > Line 58: <add verb="*" path="*.vb"
    > type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
    > Line 59: <add verb="*" path="*.cs"
    > type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
    > Line 60: <add verb="*" path="*.vbproj"
    > type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
    >

    > Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\DemoFormsAuth\web.config Line: 58
    >
    > Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    > why the assembly 'System.Web' could not be loaded.
    >

    > I can see line 58 in the web.config file. Thanks for your patience.

    > > Go into IIS.
    > > Find the folder.
    > > Go into properties.
    > > Click on the "Create" application button.
    > >
    > > --
    > > I hope this helps,
    > > Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
    > > http://Steve.Orr.net
    > > Hire top-notch developers at http://www.able-consulting.com
    > >

    > > "timmso" <> wrote in message
    > > > Thanks. I put it in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DemoFormsAuth, tried to run it

    > and
    > > > got the error message:
    > > >
    > > > Configuration Error

    configuration

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Oct 16, 2003
  8. Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

    timmso Guest

    Yes, I am able to run anything else I create. Granted, they've been simple
    apps, but I haven't had these problems before.

    > You may need to repair your IIS mappings.
    > To do this, run the following command:
    > aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    Ok, did that, but the same error occurs.

    Is there anything else I can try?

    timmso, Oct 16, 2003
  9. Add a reference to System.Web.DLL
    It should already be referenced but in your case it sounds like it might not
    be for some reason.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    "timmso" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, I am able to run anything else I create. Granted, they've been simple
    > apps, but I haven't had these problems before.
    >
    > > You may need to repair your IIS mappings.
    > > To do this, run the following command:
    > > aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    > Ok, did that, but the same error occurs.
    >
    > Is there anything else I can try?

    > > It really shouldn't be this hard. I wonder if your .NET framework is

    set
    > up
    > > correctly.
    > > Are you able to run other ASP.NET web apps with no problem?
    > > You may need to repair your IIS mappings.
    > > To do this, run the following command:
    > > aspnet_regiis.exe -i
    > >
    > > Here's further information:
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q306005
    > >
    > > --
    > > I hope this helps,
    > > Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
    > > http://Steve.Orr.net
    > > Hire top-notch developers at http://www.able-consulting.com
    > >

    > > "timmso" <> wrote in message
    > > > Thanks..that helps for that error. Now when I run it I get the error:
    > > >
    > > > Configuration Error

    configuration
    > > file
    > > > required to service this request. Please review the specific error

    > details
    > > > below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
    > > >
    > > > Parser Error Message: File or assembly name System.Web, or one of its
    > > > dependencies, was not found.
    > > >
    > > > Source Error:
    > > >

    > > > Line 56: -->
    > > > Line 57: <httpHandlers>
    > > > Line 58: <add verb="*" path="*.vb"
    > > > type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
    > > > Line 59: <add verb="*" path="*.cs"
    > > > type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
    > > > Line 60: <add verb="*" path="*.vbproj"
    > > > type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler,System.Web" />
    > > >

    > > > Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\DemoFormsAuth\web.config Line: 58
    > > >
    > > > Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to

    > determine
    > > > why the assembly 'System.Web' could not be loaded.
    > > >

    > > > I can see line 58 in the web.config file. Thanks for your patience.
    > > >

    > > > "Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" <> wrote in message

    > it
    > > > and

    > > configuration
    > > > details

    as

    > This

    > vs.net
    > > > and
    > > > project

    > > there's
    > > > no

    > > files?

    > the
    > > > top

    > there

    > file.
    > > > What

    message

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Oct 16, 2003
  10. Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

    timmso Guest

    That didn't help, sorry. I can see the reference already there. However,
    here is what I did. I started a new ASP.Net project. Then imported all of
    the code from the dotnetbips website. I left alone the web.config
    file/didn't overwrite it. Then I ran it and the authentication worked.

    At least it's a start..now I can "play" with it. Thanks for your help.

    timmso, Oct 16, 2003