RE: PDF and ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgQy4gT3Jy?=, Sep 20, 2005.

  1. You might try starting with this free PDF code:
    http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/...mpleGuid=5588085e-3d0b-4db8-8a88-603ef212d0db

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgQy4gT3Jy?=, Sep 20, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgQy4gT3Jy?=

    Logician Guest

    Steve C. Orr wrote:
    > You might try starting with this free PDF code:
    > http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/...mpleGuid=5588085e-3d0b-4db8-8a88-603ef212d0db

    This seems to be for Windows Forms on a PC, but I have a Web Server
    application.

    I found TallPDF.net but it costs $499 and I find this kind of costing
    outrageous.

    As examples for overselling: I was quoted $700 for a bot to check dead
    links, so I wrote it myself using Java which took 30 mins for the basic
    program, and about 15 hours to develop the whole thing with options. I
    was quoted $499 for a C# cart, so again I wrote my own - that took 2
    weeks, but at least I can add functions when I like (working with the
    DBGrid was a true pain).

    I feel that with this PDF issue, the same will apply: £499 software
    buy equates to about 20 hours work. SO I would rather produce my own
    and then I can also change it for new functions

    My server is rented and the host wont install anything, so I am hitting
    a BRICK WALL. I would be grateful of any links/suggestions. I feel sure
    this problem is not that hard. I know FO can do it, but my host wont
    install the software

    Logician, Sep 25, 2005