RE: Pexpect getting a defuct process

Discussion in 'Python' started by Baillargeon, Sonny, Jan 4, 2005.

  1. Nothing...I know that's the default answer but considering I control the environment, I can assure you that nothing changed.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Jorge Luiz Godoy Filho [mailto:]
    Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 12:06 PM
    Subject: Re: Pexpect getting a defuct process

    Baillargeon, Sonny, Terça 04 Janeiro 2005 14:42, wrote:

    > This used to work before but now I get a defunct process after it runs.
    > Any ideas?

    "before" what? What has changed in your environment to make it stop working?

    --
    Godoy. <>

    <FONT SIZE = 1>****************************************************************************
    This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and are not endorsed by the author's employer.</FONT>
    Baillargeon, Sonny, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Baillargeon, Sonny, Terça 04 Janeiro 2005 16:16, wrote:

    > Nothing...I know that's the default answer but considering I control the
    > environment, I can assure you that nothing changed.

    I have no reason to doubt you. :)

    Checking pexpect's documentation, and re-reading your code I see that you
    have not called "close()". As the documentation says:

    (http://pexpect.sourceforge.net/doc/pexpect.html)
    """
    close(self, wait=1)
    (...)
    Only set wait to false if you know the child will
    continue to run after closing the controlling TTY.
    Otherwise you will end up with defunct (zombie) processes.
    """

    Be seeing you,
    --
    Godoy. <>