Re: PL/SQL Debugger Question

Discussion in 'Java' started by Rhino, May 31, 2006.

  1. Rhino

    Rhino Guest

    "grasp06110" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a good tool for debugging PL/SQL code? I know this
    > is not exactly the correct forum for this topic but I figure most of
    > you are like me and wear many hats and are likely to have had the
    > opportunity to work with PL/SQL.

    First, don't multipost. If you don't know which newsgroup to use, crosspost
    so that people know you have already posted to other newsgroups and can see
    those answers as well.

    Second, there are different dialects of PL/SQL and I'd be surprised if they
    can all be debugged with the exact same tools. I've written PL/SQL for DB2
    and I know that Oracle - and probably other databases as well - have
    different dialects of PL/SQL. You have already been told about a tool that
    will debug Oracle PL/SQL. I know that DB2 has its own debugger for its
    version of PL/SQL and it comes free as a basic and integral part of DB2.

    If you are using some other dialect of PL/SQL, look into the Help files that
    come with the database you are using or post to a newsgroup that specializes
    in that database and you'll probably find a tool that will let you debug
    your PL/SQL procedures.

    --
    Rhino
    Rhino, May 31, 2006