    (je suis italien mais je habite a la Suede)
    (ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > Ok. Perhaps I understand now.
    > I forgot to write "Re" in the title.

    Doesn't matter. This one, too, is a new thread. A completely new message
    not attached to any previous message. Look in the headers. Replies have
    references to the message you replied to.

    From a previous message of yours:

    Time for a good newsreader?

    --
    -bts
    -When motorcycling, never follow a pig truck
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 2, 2005

  3. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > Ok. Perhaps I understand now.
    > > I forgot to write "Re" in the title.

    > Doesn't matter. This one, too, is a new thread. A completely new message
    > not attached to any previous message. Look in the headers. Replies have
    > references to the message you replied to.
    >
    > From a previous message of yours:

    > Time for a good newsreader?

    Do you like changing, don´t you?
    Do you think that the menu on the page is still large?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    (sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    <snip>

    > Do you like changing, don´t you?
    > Do you think that the menu on the page is still large?

    Wow, yeah! Now there's improvement! Bet you only view it in IE, right?

    Any you manage to waste that same amount of space on the left, incredible!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 2, 2005
  5. "Jonathan N. Little" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    > >
    > > Do you like changing, don´t you?
    > > Do you think that the menu on the page is still large?
    > >

    > Wow, yeah! Now there's improvement! Bet you only view it in IE, right?

    Just now, yes.

    > Any you manage to waste that same amount of space on the left, incredible!

    What do you mean?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005
  6. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > Do you like changing, don´t you?

    When it is for the better.

    > Do you think that the menu on the page is still large?

    Have you changed it?

    There is still about one third of the window (a column) being used by
    the very large type "Please choose your language" and a vertical row of
    orange buttons with a massive empty left margin.

    I see all that you did was to make the buttons themselves narrower. This
    does not address the problem of the extremely wide left column.

    Why don't you use a more subdued smaller "Please choose your language"
    and make it a link to a horizontal row of the language choices at the
    *bottom* of the page?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 2, 2005
  7. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > Do you like changing, don´t you?

    > When it is for the better.
    >
    > > Do you think that the menu on the page is still large?

    > Have you changed it?
    >
    > There is still about one third of the window (a column) being used by
    > the very large type "Please choose your language" and a vertical row of
    > orange buttons with a massive empty left margin.
    >
    > I see all that you did was to make the buttons themselves narrower. This
    > does not address the problem of the extremely wide left column.

    Ok. But as it looks now, it does not break the table, does it?

    > Why don't you use a more subdued smaller "Please choose your language"
    > and make it a link to a horizontal row of the language choices at the
    > *bottom* of the page?

    That might also be a good solution but I try and ask people I meet and I
    just got very positive commentaries about the layout.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005
  8. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > Do you like changing, don´t you?

    > When it is for the better.
    >
    > > Do you think that the menu on the page is still large?

    > Have you changed it?
    >
    > There is still about one third of the window (a column) being used by
    > the very large type "Please choose your language" and a vertical row of
    > orange buttons with a massive empty left margin.

    While narrowing the window I do not see any large space between the
    information which refer to the first photo and the ones which refer to the
    second one.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005
  9. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >>
    >> Do you like changing, don´t you? Do you think that the menu on the
    >> page is still large?

    > Wow, yeah! Now there's improvement! Bet you only view it in IE,
    > right?
    >
    > Any you manage to waste that same amount of space on the left,
    > incredible!

    Jonathan, at this moment (Luigi is playing), the orange buttons are
    about two kilometers wide, all the way to the left margin.
    http://k75s.home.att.net/images/luigi_opera2.jpg

    <rof,l>

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 2, 2005
  10. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>
    >>> Do you like changing, don´t you?

    >> When it is for the better.
    >>
    >>> Do you think that the menu on the page is still large?

    >> Have you changed it?
    >>
    >> There is still about one third of the window (a column) being used by
    >> the very large type "Please choose your language" and a vertical row of
    >> orange buttons with a massive empty left margin.

    > While narrowing the window I do not see any large space between the
    > information which refer to the first photo and the ones which refer to the
    > second one.

    Luigi, you've lost it. You should be in bed at this hour...

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 2, 2005
  11. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i

    meddelandet

    > >> When it is for the better.

    > >> Have you changed it?
    > >>
    > >> There is still about one third of the window (a column) being used by
    > >> the very large type "Please choose your language" and a vertical row of
    > >> orange buttons with a massive empty left margin.

    > > While narrowing the window I do not see any large space between the
    > > information which refer to the first photo and the ones which refer to

    the
    > > second one.

    > Luigi, you've lost it. You should be in bed at this hour...

    Perhaps I should but you did not answer my question anyway.
    That did not help much.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i

    meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > Luigi, you've lost it. You should be in bed at this hour...

    > Perhaps I should but you did not answer my question anyway.
    > That did not help much.

    The pictures have a certain height. Either the height should be smaller or
    you will always need scroll the window to see both.
    The screen shot showed only the first part, so, it did not say much,
    actually.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005
  13. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >

    >>Do you like changing, don´t you?

    > When it is for the better.
    >

    >>Do you think that the menu on the page is still large?

    > Have you changed it?
    >
    > There is still about one third of the window (a column) being used by
    > the very large type "Please choose your language" and a vertical row of
    > orange buttons with a massive empty left margin.
    >
    > I see all that you did was to make the buttons themselves narrower. This
    > does not address the problem of the extremely wide left column.
    >
    > Why don't you use a more subdued smaller "Please choose your language"
    > and make it a link to a horizontal row of the language choices at the
    > *bottom* of the page?

    Oh yeah, we've been busy! Moments ago it was like this:

    http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/alt.html051001-2.jpg

    and now like this:

    http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/alt.html051001-3.jpg

    Now that's improvement!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 2, 2005
  14. "Jonathan N. Little" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    [cut]
    > Oh yeah, we've been busy! Moments ago it was like this:
    >
    > http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/alt.html051001-2.jpg
    >
    > and now like this:
    >
    > http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/alt.html051001-3.jpg
    >
    > Now that's improvement!

    That was not the last one.
    And your snapshot showing only the first part does not say much either.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005
  15. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>
    >>> While narrowing the window I do not see any large space between the
    >>> information which refer to the first photo and the ones which refer to

    > the
    >>> second one.

    >> Luigi, you've lost it. You should be in bed at this hour...

    > Perhaps I should but you did not answer my question anyway.
    > That did not help much.

    You didn't ask a question. Reread your statement.

    Besides, this last flurry of messages has been about the huge width and
    empty margin of your language buttons, not about the photos in the
    table.

    It's almost midnight here, and I normally end my day at this time.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 2, 2005
  16. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > > the
    > >>
    > >> Luigi, you've lost it. You should be in bed at this hour...

    > > Perhaps I should but you did not answer my question anyway.
    > > That did not help much.

    > You didn't ask a question. Reread your statement.
    >
    > Besides, this last flurry of messages has been about the huge width and
    > empty margin of your language buttons, not about the photos in the
    > table.

    Yes, but I tried to change their width in order to affect the way the
    description of the photos are displayed while narrowing the window.
    By setting the value "auto" for "width" I got a wide menu but I waisted
    less space.
    > It's almost midnight here, and I normally end my day at this time.

    Here is almost 6 o clock in the morning...

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005
  17. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >
    >>Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > [cut]
    >
    >>Oh yeah, we've been busy! Moments ago it was like this:
    >>
    >>http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/alt.html051001-2.jpg
    >>
    >>and now like this:
    >>
    >>http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/alt.html051001-3.jpg
    >>
    >>Now that's improvement!
    >>

    > That was not the last one.
    > And your snapshot showing only the first part does not say much either.

    Ok so you made the boxes around the links closer fitting *BUT* the table
    column that you stuck them in *still* takes up 300+ pixels! Wider than
    your photos and it just little boxes with the language choices and
    *TONS* of white space! Whether the orange part is 300 pixels wide or not
    doesn't matter because the column the links still take up a huge amount
    of real estate and all they are is the language choices! As been
    suggested they could easily be just a horizontal list of links at the
    top and/or bottom of the page!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 2, 2005
  18. "Jonathan N. Little" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > "Jonathan N. Little" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > >
    > >>Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > > [cut]
    > >
    > >>Oh yeah, we've been busy! Moments ago it was like this:
    > >>
    > >>http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/alt.html051001-2.jpg
    > >>
    > >>and now like this:
    > >>
    > >>http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/alt.html051001-3.jpg
    > >>
    > >>Now that's improvement!
    > >>

    > > That was not the last one.
    > > And your snapshot showing only the first part does not say much either.
    > >

    > Ok so you made the boxes around the links closer fitting *BUT* the table
    > column that you stuck them in *still* takes up 300+ pixels! Wider than
    > your photos and it just little boxes with the language choices and
    > *TONS* of white space! Whether the orange part is 300 pixels wide or not
    > doesn't matter because the column the links still take up a huge amount
    > of real estate and all they are is the language choices! As been
    > suggested they could easily be just a horizontal list of links at the
    > top and/or bottom of the page!
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan

    The menu is not in a table, it is in a div.
    The buttons are not longer buttons on the homepage, they are books which the
    user can open by clicking on them!
    I have changed the width of the menu.
    I can either have the photos in the middle, that will say almost
    height-centered or after the headlines.
    If the photos are almost immediately after the headlines, the bottom line
    becomes the third column on the right.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005

    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > > "Jonathan N. Little" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > > [cut]

    > > > That was not the last one.
    > > > And your snapshot showing only the first part does not say much

    either.

    > > Ok so you made the boxes around the links closer fitting *BUT* the table
    > > column that you stuck them in *still* takes up 300+ pixels! Wider than
    > > your photos and it just little boxes with the language choices and
    > > *TONS* of white space! Whether the orange part is 300 pixels wide or not
    > > doesn't matter because the column the links still take up a huge amount
    > > of real estate and all they are is the language choices! As been
    > > suggested they could easily be just a horizontal list of links at the
    > > top and/or bottom of the page!
    > >
    > > --
    > > Take care,
    > >
    > > Jonathan

    > The menu is not in a table, it is in a div.
    > The buttons are not longer buttons on the homepage, they are books which

    the
    > user can open by clicking on them!
    > I have changed the width of the menu.
    > I can either have the photos in the middle, that will say almost
    > height-centered or after the headlines.
    > If the photos are almost immediately after the headlines, the bottom line
    > becomes the third column on the right.

    By narrowing the window, the text which accompanies the pictures is
    visible, browsing at IE.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > >
    > > "Jonathan N. Little" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > either.
    > > > >

    > > > Ok so you made the boxes around the links closer fitting *BUT* the

    table
    > > > column that you stuck them in *still* takes up 300+ pixels! Wider than
    > > > your photos and it just little boxes with the language choices and
    > > > *TONS* of white space! Whether the orange part is 300 pixels wide or

    not
    > > > doesn't matter because the column the links still take up a huge

    amount
    > > > of real estate and all they are is the language choices! As been
    > > > suggested they could easily be just a horizontal list of links at the
    > > > top and/or bottom of the page!
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Take care,
    > > >
    > > > Jonathan

    > > The menu is not in a table, it is in a div.
    > > The buttons are not longer buttons on the homepage, they are books which

    > the
    > > user can open by clicking on them!

    It would be nice to display the books as open books after they have been
    clicked once.
    How can I do that?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 2, 2005