Re: Please give your support

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Davide Montellanico, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. I had this error in return from the home page *latest new column* :

    ''Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
    Script timed out

    /ticker.asp

    The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can
    change this limit by specifying a new value for the property
    Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration
    tools.''

    Anyway I tried to reload the page and all was ok *text content perfectly
    loaded in the columm*.

    A very good web design for a right cause.

    Respect and admiration to Leah Pattison.

    --

    Davide Montellanico

    "mark | r" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > I must point out that this site does not contain adult imagery of any

    kind.

    > Just to let you know that the Charity web site for Leah has just been
    > launched and I think you'll be interested if not inspired by her work -

    some
    > photo's are included as well as a news area. Click www.LeahPattison.org .
    > Leah founded START, a charity fund that enables Leah to treat leprosy
    > sufferers in Nagpur India. We did this site for free as her charity is

    only
    > small and she desperately needed a marketing platform on which to promote
    > her cause.
    >
    > Enjoy your week and please feel free to pass on the Leah link to anyone

    you

    Davide Montellanico, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Davide Montellanico

    mark | r Guest

    yes, the host is looking into it. its on shared space and there are scripts
    on other sites that do not close properly...

    :(

    mark
    "Davide Montellanico" <> wrote in message
    > I had this error in return from the home page *latest new column* :
    >
    > ''Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
    > Script timed out
    >
    > /ticker.asp
    >
    > The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can
    > change this limit by specifying a new value for the property
    > Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration
    > tools.''
    >
    > Anyway I tried to reload the page and all was ok *text content perfectly
    > loaded in the columm*.
    >
    > A very good web design for a right cause.
    >
    > Respect and admiration to Leah Pattison.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Davide Montellanico
    >

    > "mark | r" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > > I must point out that this site does not contain adult imagery of any

    > kind.
    > >
    > > Just to let you know that the Charity web site for Leah has just been
    > > launched and I think you'll be interested if not inspired by her work -

    > some
    > > photo's are included as well as a news area. Click www.LeahPattison.org

    ..

    mark | r, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Davide Montellanico

    elyob Guest

    "Brothermark" <> wrote in message

    > > yes, the host is looking into it. its on shared space and there are

    > scripts
    > > on other sites that do not close properly...

    > dedicated hosting is cheap. get some :)

    How much is cheap nowadays?

    elyob, Jul 28, 2003
  4. Davide Montellanico

    Brothermark Guest

    > > dedicated hosting is cheap. get some :)
    > >

    > How much is cheap nowadays?

    £60 gets me 2 years hosting on a modern hosting plan:

    * billions of email thingies
    * 1gb space
    * 1gb monthly transfer
    * php, mysql etc etc
    * phpbb pre-installed
    * choice betwenn UK or US-based server.

    blah blah blah.
    I'd call that cheap.

    Brothermark, Jul 29, 2003
  5. Davide Montellanico

    brucie Guest

    In post <bg4f7o$kkoph$-berlin.de>
    Brothermark said...

    >>> dedicated hosting is cheap. get some :)

    >> How much is cheap nowadays?

    > £60 gets me 2 years hosting on a modern hosting plan:
    > * billions of email thingies

    what if i want trillions or even gazillions of email thingies? i bet
    they force you to upgrade to shut you down. scumbags!

    > I'd call that cheap.

    you get what you pay for.

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 29/July/2003 10:33:13 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jul 29, 2003
  6. Brothermark wrote:
    >>>dedicated hosting is cheap. get some :)
    >>>

    >>How much is cheap nowadays?

    > £60 gets me 2 years hosting on a modern hosting plan:
    >
    > * billions of email thingies
    > * 1gb space
    > * 1gb monthly transfer
    > * php, mysql etc etc
    > * phpbb pre-installed
    > * choice betwenn UK or US-based server.
    >
    > blah blah blah.
    > I'd call that cheap.

    Doesn't look dedicated, though.

    Leif K-Brooks, Jul 29, 2003
  7. On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:31:29 +0100, "Brothermark"
    <> wrote:

    >* 1gb monthly transfer

    Not cheap when you have 2 to 3 gb transfer a day. You have to look to
    the future, will 1gb a month be enough and if not what's it going to
    cost for extra bandwidth.

    David
    _
    Adult Lingerie UK
    http://www.adultlingerieuk.com

    Adult Lingerie UK, Jul 29, 2003
  8. Davide Montellanico

    Brothermark Guest

    > Doesn't look dedicated, though.

    ok we have different definitions of "dedicated"

    Brothermark, Jul 29, 2003
  9. Davide Montellanico

    > > Doesn't look dedicated, though.

    > ok we have different definitions of "dedicated"

    Dedicated means whole machine. I'm already on a shared host, but am looking
    at getting a dedicated server....

    elyob, Jul 31, 2003