Re: Please Help Me Guys! Need lang..it will be a pleasure and i'd be

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lew, Aug 1, 2012.

  1. Lew

    Lew Guest

    To: Kevin Espardinez
    From: Lew <>

    Kevin Espardinez wrote:
    > you are going to create a more specialized Taxi Meter that contains

    additional information for non-air and aircon taxies. Your task is to extend
    the TaxiMeter class that was implemented in the previous question. Add some
    attributes and methods that you think are needed for a non-air and aircon Taxi
    records. Try to override some existing methods in the superclass TaxiMeter, if
    you really need to. The following describe the billing for Non-air and Aircon
    Taxi.

    > NON-AIRCON
    >
    > Flag Down P 26.00
    >
    > For every 400 meters P 1.00
    >
    > For every 1.5 minutes waiting P 1.00
    >
    > AIRCON
    >
    > Flag Down P 30.00
    >
    > For every 400 meters P 1.50
    >
    > For every 1.0 minutes waiting P 1.50
    >
    > Try to modify the TaxiMeter class to create getAmount() abstract method. This

    is a method for calculating the total amount to be paid. Below are the
    formulas:

    > totalAmount = amountOnWait + amountOnDistanceTravelled
    >
    > amountOnWait = increments if waitingMinuteToIncrement is satisfied
    >
    > amountOnDistanceTravelled = incrementRate * (distanceTRavelled

    /incrementableDistance)

    > Write two of its subclasses, the Non-air and Aircon. You can add additional

    methods to its subclass if you want to.

    What is your question, Kevin?

    What have you done so far? Please show us the code.

    Consider http://sscce.org/

    What is giving you trouble?

    This reads like homework. Is this for a class? If so, have you sought help from
    your professor or teaching assistants? What have they told you?

    Are you talking about Java, at least?

    Study how to ask questions on Usenet and similar forums:

    Right now we don't have enough information to help you. We see a textbook
    question, and pretty much nobody will do your homework for you. We don't hate
    you enough to do that.

    Anybody that does offer to do your assignment for you should be refused.

    --
    Lew

    --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98
    Lew, Aug 1, 2012

  2. Re: Please Help Me Guys! Need lang..it will be a pleasure and i'd

    To: Lew
    From: Robert Klemme <>

    On 08/01/2012 03:29 AM, Lew wrote:
    > Kevin Espardinez wrote:

    >> Write two of its subclasses, the Non-air and Aircon. You can add additional

    methods to its subclass if you want to.

    > What is your question, Kevin?

    There is no spoon, err, question - it's a command (last line). Too bad this
    isn't the military - although, even then: who would follow suit? ;-)

    Cheers

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Aug 1, 2012