Re: Please help with Threading

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cameron Simpson, May 20, 2013.

  1. On 20May2013 19:09, Chris Angelico <> wrote:
    | On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Cameron Simpson <> wrote:
    | > _lock = Lock()
    | >
    | > def lprint(*a, **kw):
    | > global _lock
    | > with _lock:
    | > print(*a, **kw)
    | >
    | > and use lprint() everywhere?
    |
    | Fun little hack:
    |
    | def print(*args,print=print,lock=Lock(),**kwargs):
    | with lock:
    | print(*args,**kwargs)
    |
    | Question: Is this a cool use or a horrible abuse of the scoping rules?

    I carefully avoided monkey patching print itself:)

    That's... mad! I can see what the end result is meant to be, but
    it looks like a debugging nightmare. Certainly my scoping-fu is too
    weak to see at a glance how it works.
    --
    Cameron Simpson <>

    I will not do it as a hack I will not do it for my friends
    I will not do it on a Mac I will not write for Uncle Sam
    I will not do it on weekends I won't do ADA, Sam-I-Am
    - Gregory Bond <>
    Cameron Simpson, May 20, 2013