Re: ** Please Rank These Learning Sources **

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Janssen, Feb 21, 2013.

  1. Mark Janssen

    Mark Janssen Guest

    On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Claira <> wrote:
    > The problem: I've done reading (like on quora), and it seems lots of
    > beginners (and I know first-hand for me), and even for those that have done
    > 4 years at university -- that they say they don't know how to build
    > something after all the theory and stuff. Even though I'm not going to be a
    > programmer, in the future, there may be something that would need
    > programming, so learning what's needed is a good thing. For example, I
    > thought you could just wave leapmotion.com and it just works, but it's still
    > 2013. On quora, they say that you need to code for it to actually do things.
    > Could someone who is good at it rank these sources (or provide a good one)
    > on how well they solve the problem?

    Sorry, I'm not familiar with those sources, but I can tell that for
    tackling real-world problems see "Learning Python" by Mark Lutz. It's
    big and includes a lot of real-world examples. Slightly out-of-date,
    but hopefully a good resource for your needs....

    mark
    tacoma, wa
    Mark Janssen, Feb 21, 2013