Re: ** Please Rank These Learning Sources **

Discussion in 'Python' started by Philipp Hagemeister, Feb 21, 2013.

  1. > http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/
    I have never used that myself, but I have seeen plenty of stackoverflow
    and student questions about it. In short, it's horrible.

    The book mostly consists of basic Python programs, and beginners often
    fail to grasp even the most basic structures demonstrated, mainly
    because they're not explained. The book has some of the easy-to-approach
    informality of, say, the Head First ones, but fails to contain the the
    actual explanations for it.

    (And I have no idea why one would start with Python 2.x, given that
    everything's strange in there - instead of relying on the intuitive
    grasp that both "a" and "ä" are single character strings, and that print
    is a function like any other, they have to work with a lot of magic and
    hand-waving)

    - Philipp

    Philipp Hagemeister, Feb 21, 2013