    I'm afraid I shall decline your offer to try your Swing L&F.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Dec 1, 2009

  2. On Dec 1, 5:26 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > peter wrote:
    > > thanks a lot

    > Please do not multi-post.

    ++

    As to the PLAF. I give it some minor 'cute'
    points from the screenshots, but at the better
    part of 5.7 Meg to download, I reckon it's
    'worth it 1/10 the download'.

    If you are serious about getting people to
    use it, reduce the size dramatically, and offer
    it as varying levels of permission (sand-boxed &
    j2ee-application-client-permissions should do it)
    as webstart extensions.

    BTW - I just suffered through the download &
    refused the digitally signed code (I don't know
    you from Adam - I do not trust you to run
    privileged code on my machine), to see..

    (java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.sun.swing)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission
    (AccessControlContext.java:323)

    Does that mean your code will only work with
    full permissions? If so, that is very unfortunate.
    I would not consider using a PLAF that was unable
    to work in a sandbox.

    Note: Narrowed follow-ups to c.l.j.programmer only.

    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 1, 2009