Re: pointer doubt (1)

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Keith Thompson, May 8, 2013.

  1. rashan <> writes:
    > Can ne1 explain me the difference between.... a NULL pointer ... and a
    > VOID pointer.

    In South Asian English (India, Pakistan), as I understand it,
    the word "doubt" is synonymous with "question".

    In the rest of the English-speaking world, it isn't. The word
    "doubt" implies some level of disbelief. For example, "I have my
    doubts about that statement" means, more or less, "I think that
    statement is probably false".

    We get a lot of questions here from people who use "doubt" as a
    synonym for "question", so we've (gradually) learned to accept
    it, but you might consider using the word "question" instead when
    writing for a wide audience.

    Keith Thompson, May 8, 2013