Re: pointer doubt (2)

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Eric Sosman, May 8, 2013.

  1. Eric Sosman

    Eric Sosman Guest

    On 5/8/2013 2:48 PM, rashan wrote:
    > Can u explain: why in C we can have a reference to a pointer... but
    > not... a pointer to a reference.

    What do you mean by "reference"? If you mean the word as
    it's used in C++, C doesn't have that kind of "reference" at all.
    Try comp.lang.c++ if that's the language you're using.

    > Isn't it VOID pointer will be good for this, can point to anything or
    > nothing.

    What do you mean by "this"?

    --
    Eric Sosman

    Eric Sosman, May 8, 2013

  2. Eric Sosmanæ–¼ 2013å¹´5月9日星期四UTC+8上åˆ3時10分12秒寫é“:
    > On 5/8/2013 2:48 PM, rashan wrote:
    >
    > > Can u explain: why in C we can have a reference to a pointer... but

    > > not... a pointer to a reference.

    > What do you mean by "reference"? If you mean the word as
    >
    > it's used in C++, C doesn't have that kind of "reference" at all.
    >
    > Try comp.lang.c++ if that's the language you're using.
    >

    > > Isn't it VOID pointer will be good for this, can point to anything or

    > > nothing.

    > What do you mean by "this"?
    >

    > --
    >
    > Eric Sosman

    It is just a parameter that will be supplied by the member function
    in C++ to call a function in C.

    88888 Dihedral, May 13, 2013