Re: Polish characters

Discussion in 'HTML' started by MVP, Jan 29, 2012.

  1. MVP

    MVP Guest

    MVP, Jan 29, 2012

  2. 2012-01-29 19:35, MVP wrote:

    > I suggest looking at the charmap tool in Windows where you can select,
    > cut and paste any symbol from UNICODE

    No, the Character Map contains only those characters for which there is
    a glyph in the font that has been selected in the program's Font
    dropdown. Most fonts contain the Polish letters, but no font contains
    _all_ Unicode characters.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 29, 2012

  3. MVP

    dorayme Guest

    In article <LrfVq.5627$>,
    "MVP" <> wrote:

    > I suggest looking at the charmap tool in Windows where you can select, cut
    > and paste any symbol from UNICODE
    >
    > just make sure your site is UTF-8

    Why are you suggesting this? In response to what? Anyway, I might as
    well take the opportunity to tell you:

    A Polish immigrant went to the DMV to apply for a driver's license.
    First, of course, he had to take an eye sight test.

    The optician showed him a card with the letters:

    C Z W I X N Y S L A C K I.

    "Can you read this?" he asked.

    "Read it? I know the guy!"

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 29, 2012
  4. MVP

    dorayme Guest

    In article <jgapg7$258j$>,
    "Hot-Text" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <LrfVq.5627$>,
    > > "MVP" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I suggest looking at the charmap tool in Windows where you can select, cut
    > >> and paste any symbol from UNICODE
    > >>
    > >> just make sure your site is UTF-8

    > > Why are you suggesting this? In response to what? Anyway, I might as
    > > well take the opportunity to tell you:

    > You know dorayme that MVP is right.

    I am sure he might be, the question was about what he was responding
    to. He quoted nothing. It is best to quote the bit one is responding
    to and to leave out all things not strictly needed to understand the
    particular response. Notice how I flouted this strict idea in my reply
    to him by flagrantly flaunting an irrelevant Polish joke?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 1, 2012
  5. MVP

    Hot-Text Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message news:...
    > In article <jgapg7$258j$>,
    > "Hot-Text" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "dorayme" <> wrote in message

    >> > Why are you suggesting this? In response to what? Anyway, I might as
    >> > well take the opportunity to tell you:

    >> You know dorayme that MVP is right.

    > I am sure he might be, the question was about what he was responding
    > to. He quoted nothing. It is best to quote the bit one is responding
    > to and to leave out all things not strictly needed to understand the
    > particular response. Notice how I flouted this strict idea in my reply
    > to him by flagrantly flaunting an irrelevant Polish joke?

    It's not a Joke if we Know the Guy name is.......

    CZ WIX NY SLACKI
    To fight with a New York Slacker..