RE: Poll - Vote here for "list-after-def" (was Decorator syntax)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy), Aug 6, 2004.

  1. Anthony Baxter wrote:

    > The solution, if you don't like the syntax, is not voting. It's to
    > propose an argument that Guido will accept, in favour of your
    > preferred option.

    I see this less as a vote, and more an attempt to reach a community
    consensus - or at least a large enough one to lend weight to the many
    arguments that have already been presented.

    I will live with pie-syntax, but I won't be overly happy with it. I
    would much prefer that list-after-def be accepted.

    Tim Delaney

    Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy), Aug 6, 2004

  2. Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Buy a vote! (was Re: Poll - Vote here for "list-after-def" (wasDecorator syntax))

    Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) wrote:

    > Anthony Baxter wrote:
    >
    >>The solution, if you don't like the syntax, is not voting. It's to
    >>propose an argument that Guido will accept, in favour of your
    >>preferred option.

    > I see this less as a vote, and more an attempt to reach a community
    > consensus - or at least a large enough one to lend weight to the many
    > arguments that have already been presented.

    I suggest that everyone with an opinion on the matter visit the
    page at http://www.python.org/psf/donations.html and make a donation,
    preferably sized in relation to the strength of your opinion. (*)

    Afterwards, we can just visit the updated list of donors and base
    the final decision on whether the Atecksan are higher up in the list
    than the Listecksan or not. (And if they are, we can still consider
    just banishing them all to Blefuscu, or make them wear high heels or
    use Perl or something.)

    > I will live with pie-syntax, but I won't be overly happy with it. I
    > would much prefer that list-after-def be accepted.

    Agreed.

    -Peter

    (*) I've just done so, since it seems like a more productive thing than
    endless argument over the same issues. And this way at least there will
    be money to pay Anthony to do the right thing. ;-)

    Peter Hansen, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)

    Paul McGuire Guest

    Re: Buy a vote! (was Re: Poll - Vote here for "list-after-def" (was Decorator syntax))

    "Peter Hansen" <> wrote in message
    > I suggest that everyone with an opinion on the matter visit the
    > page at http://www.python.org/psf/donations.html and make a donation,
    > preferably sized in relation to the strength of your opinion. (*)

    Done.

    Paul McGuire, Aug 6, 2004
  4. Re: Buy a vote! (was Re: Poll - Vote here for "list-after-def" (wasDecorator syntax))

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:09:56 -0400, Peter Hansen <> wrote:
    > I suggest that everyone with an opinion on the matter visit the
    > page at http://www.python.org/psf/donations.html and make a donation,
    > preferably sized in relation to the strength of your opinion. (*)

    +1

    > (*) I've just done so, since it seems like a more productive thing than
    > endless argument over the same issues. And this way at least there will
    > be money to pay Anthony to do the right thing. ;-)

    Hey, Guido's the one you need to be paying off. I'm just a grunt. <wink>

    Anthony Baxter, Aug 6, 2004