Re: port I/O in c++

Discussion in 'C++' started by John Harrison, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. "Kevin Cifuentes" <> wrote in message
    > Hey all i need some of your help. I tried compiling this using Dev-C++ and
    > at no suprise it gave me an error. I say w/out suprise because I just
    > discovered that the _outp and possibly the _inp functions are
    > windows-specific in conio.h.

    Yes, the leading underscore is the clue.

    > I checked in conio.h provided in Dev-C++ and I
    > couldn't find the functions anywhere. Do any of you know where I can find

    > header or library that has port I/O specific functions much similar to

    _inp
    > and _outp? Thanx. Here's the code:

    You need to ask on a group that supports your platform. Is it MSDOS? If so
    then try comp.os.msdos.programmer. There are no platform independent ways of
    doing port I/O and platform independent C++ is all we discuss here.

    john
    John Harrison, Jul 6, 2003