Re: Position fixed and IE7

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Neredbojias, Aug 9, 2008.

  1. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 09 Aug 2008, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

    > I have an app where position fixed works for FF and IE6 (with
    > workaround). On IE7, the popup doesn't stay fixed in one place.
    >
    > The URL is http://www.sheldonlg.com/popup/popupLoc.html
    >
    > Click of "Show" and then scroll up and down to see what I mean. It is
    > supposed to stay in the same place in the window.

    Maybe ie7's position:fixed; needs to be fixed (-yuk yuk yuk).

    Btw, what's:

    * html .exclude_form_class {position:absolute;}

    ....for?

    > We got the coding from somewhere online.

    Goodness! No wonder.

    > Any help will be appreciated. (I am actually much more of a back-end,
    > php, programmer than html or javascript).

    Hey, you have something in common with Gus Richter although he's a rump
    ranger of a different ilk.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 9, 2008

  2. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 09 Aug 2008, Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > On 09 Aug 2008, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
    >
    >> I have an app where position fixed works for FF and IE6 (with
    >> workaround). On IE7, the popup doesn't stay fixed in one place.
    >>
    >> The URL is http://www.sheldonlg.com/popup/popupLoc.html
    >>
    >> Click of "Show" and then scroll up and down to see what I mean. It is
    >> supposed to stay in the same place in the window.

    > Maybe ie7's position:fixed; needs to be fixed (-yuk yuk yuk).
    >
    > Btw, what's:
    >
    > * html .exclude_form_class {position:absolute;}
    >
    > ...for?
    >
    >> We got the coding from somewhere online.

    > Goodness! No wonder.
    >
    >> Any help will be appreciated. (I am actually much more of a back-end,
    >> php, programmer than html or javascript).

    > Hey, you have something in common with Gus Richter although he's a rump
    > ranger of a different ilk.

    Hey, I think I found it. Your ie comment is in the middle of the style
    section. Move it outside the existing styles section and create a 2nd style
    section within the comment. (There may be more, but that's one thing wrong.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 9, 2008