Re: Positioning dynamic user controls on web forms at run-time

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alessandro Zifiglio, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. hi Wes,
    You need to supply this for every control you want positioned dynamically.
    What vs.net does is it supplies these values for your control and that is
    how you are able to move it in the designer. For dynamically loaded controls
    you have to supply these co-ordinates manually.

    textbox1.Style["POSITION"] = "ABSOLUTE";
    textbox1.Style["TOP"] = "100px";
    textbox1.Style["LEFT"] = "100px";

    "WesW" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a way to position user controls that are loaded at

    run-time on a web form. I need to plot them at various coordinates and so
    far I am only able to get them to appear in a text flow layout.

    > For example in design mode of a web form with GridLayout set, you can

    position controls anywhere on screen. I want the same effect at run-time
    with dynamically loaded controls.

    Alessandro Zifiglio, Feb 10, 2004