Re: [POSIX & Win32API] Getting the 'routing' informations

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Ian Collins, Jan 18, 2009.

  1. Ian Collins

    Ian Collins Guest

    Maciej Piechotka wrote:
    > I have a binded datagram/packet socket. Is it possible to get an
    > information should I send a packet with given sockaddr through this
    > socket?

    Best to put the question in the message body.

    Check out the platform specific source for traceroute if you want to see
    how this is done. One example:

    http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/x...md-inet/usr.sbin/traceroute/traceroute.c#1471

    Not trivial!

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Jan 18, 2009

  2. Ian Collins

    CBFalconer Guest

    Ian Collins wrote:
    > Maciej Piechotka wrote:
    >
    >> I have a binded datagram/packet socket. Is it possible to get an
    >> information should I send a packet with given sockaddr through
    >> this socket?

    > Best to put the question in the message body.
    >
    > Check out the platform specific source for traceroute if you want to see
    > how this is done. One example:
    >
    > http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/x...md-inet/usr.sbin/traceroute/traceroute.c#1471

    Please restrict such off-topic answers to recommending a suitable
    news group.

    Try the download section.
    CBFalconer, Jan 18, 2009