Re: Possible additions to the standard library? (WAS: Aboutstandard library improvement)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Fredrik Lundh, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. Daniel Bickett wrote:

    > [2] I'm currently unaware if _winreg is a c extension module or pure
    > python, but I'm assuming it's C, so I don't know how possible it is to
    > add pure python to it...

    from the documentation:

    This module exposes a very low-level interface to the Windows registry;
    it is expected that in the future a new winreg module will be created
    offering a higher-level interface to the registry API.

    your DeleteKeyAll operation would fit nicely in such an interface, but I'm not
    sure it belongs in the low-level interface, and a higher-level interface consisting
    of just one helper would seem a bit odd. on the other hand, it's about time
    someone wrote that "winreg" module... (hint).

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Feb 4, 2005