Re: Possible project - Python mail proxy to do greylisting, etc.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Evan Simpson, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Evan Simpson

    Evan Simpson Guest

    Richie Hindle wrote:
    > Spambayes (a Python Bayesian spam filter, see www.spambayes.org) has a
    > Python SMTP proxy

    Ah, thanks. I knew it had POP3 and IMAP proxies, but not SMTP.

    I was obviously not clear enough when I said "project like this",
    though. Python code to proxy SMTP isn't hard to come by, but I was
    talking about a Python proxy that does interesting things with the data
    provided by HELO, RCPT TO, and MAIL FROM.

    In particular, I'm interested in making it very easy to experiment with
    various greylisting, tarpitting, and sender validation configurations.
    I could certainly start from Spambayes' code, or just use async, but I'm
    also interesting in judging Twisted for myself.

    Cheers,

    Evan @ 4-am
    Evan Simpson, Jun 27, 2003