Re: Possible project - Python mail proxy to do greylisting, etc.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Fredrik Lundh, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Richie Hindle wrote:
    > <flamebait level='outrageous'>async and Twisted are basically
    > the same thing</flamebait>.

    yeah, but one of them comes with more hype.

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:49:38 +0200, Fredrik Lundh <>:
    > Richie Hindle wrote:
    >> <flamebait level='outrageous'>async and Twisted are basically
    >> the same thing</flamebait>.

    > yeah, but one of them comes with more hype.

    I'm using asyncore in my new Python online game project:
    <http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu/~kamikaze/Hyperspace/>

    So far, it's worked well. It's fast, reliable, and easy to use. The
    only major complaint I have is that on Windows, it can hang on a sudden
    exit; I can kill it from Cygwin, but normal Windows users will have
    zombie processes. I'm not sure if I care enough to find out why.

    I just didn't see any real advantage to using Twisted, when I could
    use something already in the library.

    "We remain convinced that this is the best defensive posture to adopt in
    order to minimize casualties when the Great Old Ones return from beyond
    the stars to eat our brains." -Charlie Stross, _The Concrete Jungle_
    Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes, Jun 29, 2003