RE: Possible to install from CD using distutils?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Simon Wittber (Maptek), Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Martin v. Löwis wrote:
    >"Simon Wittber (Maptek)" <> writes:
    >
    >>Try this command. It will let you write to a CD drive.
    >>
    >>mount -o rw /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

    >Did you try this? You can't mount a cdrom rw - the hardware just does not support writing to a CD-*ROM* (Read-Only Memory).

    It.. Was.. A.. Joke!

    Simon Wittber (Maptek), Aug 12, 2003

  2. Simon Wittber (Maptek)

    John Machin Guest

    Martin v. L wis wrote:
    > "Simon Wittber (Maptek)" <> writes:
    >
    > >Try this command. It will let you write to a CD drive.
    > >
    > >mount -o rw /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

    > Did you try this? You can't mount a cdrom rw - the hardware just does
    > not support writing to a CD-*ROM* (Read-Only Memory).

    I tried it but the computer typed this back at me:

    'mount' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

    What is this "mount"? Where can I get it from?

    John Machin, Aug 12, 2003

  3. (John Machin) writes:

    > Martin v. L wis wrote:
    >> "Simon Wittber (Maptek)" <> writes:
    >>
    >> >Try this command. It will let you write to a CD drive.
    >> >
    >> >mount -o rw /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

    >> Did you try this? You can't mount a cdrom rw - the hardware just does
    >> not support writing to a CD-*ROM* (Read-Only Memory).

    > I tried it but the computer typed this back at me:
    >
    > 'mount' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    > operable program or batch file.
    >
    > What is this "mount"? Where can I get it from?

    Install Linux.

    Thomas (sorry, couldn't resist)

    Thomas Heller, Aug 12, 2003