RE-POST: Re. Tomcat Re-Start

Steve R. Burrus

I know fully well that this post has been asked before, by probably more
than 1 person, but I thought that I would ask about what needs to be
edited in the Tomcat server's "server.conf" file to get Tomcat to
automatically sense a change after the web.xml or your servlet file is
edited and NOT require you to stop/restart Tomcat?? I have recently been
into the server.conf file and looked around for the setting to do this, but
alas, couldn't find it!!

Ryan Stewart

Steve R. Burrus said:
I know fully well that this post has been asked before, by probably more
than 1 person, but I thought that I would ask about what needs to be
edited in the Tomcat server's "server.conf" file to get Tomcat to
automatically sense a change after the web.xml or your servlet file is
edited and NOT require you to stop/restart Tomcat?? I have recently been
into the server.conf file and looked around for the setting to do this, but
alas, couldn't find it!!
Have you tried the Tomcat mailing list? Have you tried Google? Google comes
up with this:
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=24607
http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~downeyt/cgs4825/tomcat-install.html