Re: POSTs and GETs questions

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Zak McGregor, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Zak McGregor

    Zak McGregor Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:13:45 +0200, Chris Morris <"Chris Morris"
    <>> wrote:

    > Though there's nothing to stop a user agent doing a POST without
    > following a form if requested to. wget can, I believe. This is
    > definitely an obscure case, though.

    Not at all obscure. A number of applications/packages can aribitrarily
    perform POSTs or GETs. Curl, LWP and the above-mentioned Wget all support
    POSTing without going via a form. In fact, all the form does is set up
    the name/value pairs that the UA then submits to the server either via a
    GET or a POST.

    Ciao

    Zak

    http://www.carfolio.com/ Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs