Re: pre-initialized dpram functional simulation

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Serkan, Jun 27, 2009.

  1. Serkan

    Serkan Guest

    On 26 Haziran, 19:58, Mike Treseler <> wrote:
    > Serkan wrote:
    > >  It takes two much time to simulate using that method.
    > >  Is not there any way to do it without the testbench writing the
    > > values?

    > Is your intent to test the ram design?
    > Finding the init data does not prove
    > that the ram works.
    >
    >       -- Mike Treseler

    No I do not want to test the ram. I have a design to test which has a
    dpram. So I need a dpram model to help testing my design.
    I created a ram(in my case dpram_32k) using the Xilinx Core
    Generator.
    I have a mif file that has the initial values to be entered to the ram
    at the time 0 of test.(I do not want to do it on the testbench by
    myself for timing purposes. This is important)
    I just want to make a functinal simulation using Modelsim with the ram
    initialized using the mif file that I have before the test starts.

    I am missing something in the steps that I cant be able to initialize
    the ram with the numbers in the milf file.

    serkan

    Serkan, Jun 27, 2009