    Robert Brewer
    MIS
    Amor Ministries

    Robert Brewer, Jan 6, 2004

  2. |Thus Spake Robert Brewer On the now historical date of Tue, 06 Jan 2004
    15:02:08 -0800|
    > "Nevertheless, there's no chance in hell this will ever change, so let's
    > drop the subject."
    >
    > --Guido van Rossum
    > http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2002-August/028243.html
    >
    > ..and some of us who don't can easily Google for it.
    >
    > Are you sure you want to waste (I mean spend) time on this Sisyphean
    > task Yet Again?

    OT: I once worked with a fellow that had just enough knowledge about our
    business and systems to suggest wildly bad ideas to "improve" our
    applications. On one particular project, he was required at several of
    the requirements gathering meetings. He took up a crusade that wasted
    much of our time explaining to him that his idea was not only undesirable,
    but incredibly unworkable. When the preliminary timeline for the project
    was passed around via email so that we could all ask for corrections I
    added his idea as a milestone with a projected completion date of "After
    the eventual heat death of the universe." The project manager happily
    emailed him that his proposal had been accepted and added to the timeline.
    He was quite pleased with himself and was much easier to work with since
    he had "made a difference."

    Sam Walters.

    --
    Never forget the halloween documents.
    http://www.opensource.org/halloween/

    Samuel Walters, Jan 7, 2004

  3. On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:58:30 GMT, rumours say that Samuel Walters
    <> might have written:

    >OT: I once worked with a fellow that had just enough knowledge about our
    >business and systems to suggest wildly bad ideas to "improve" our
    >applications. On one particular project, he was required at several of
    >the requirements gathering meetings. He took up a crusade that wasted
    >much of our time explaining to him that his idea was not only undesirable,
    >but incredibly unworkable. When the preliminary timeline for the project
    >was passed around via email so that we could all ask for corrections I
    >added his idea as a milestone with a projected completion date of "After
    >the eventual heat death of the universe." The project manager happily
    >emailed him that his proposal had been accepted and added to the timeline.
    > He was quite pleased with himself and was much easier to work with since
    >he had "made a difference."

    So, perhaps we should invent a new reply for all wild ideas about Python
    (I've had my share of these :)

    "Thank you for your contribution; your suggestion has been judged worthy
    of inclusion in Python 4k. Upload your patch to sf.net as soon as
    Python 3k final is released."
    --
    TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
    Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, Jan 8, 2004
  4. |Thus Spake Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou On the now historical date of
    Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:19:57 +0200|
    > So, perhaps we should invent a new reply for all wild ideas about Python
    > (I've had my share of these :)
    >
    > "Thank you for your contribution; your suggestion has been judged worthy
    > of inclusion in Python 4k. Upload your patch to sf.net as soon as Python
    > 3k final is released."

    It might shorten a few discussions.

    Samuel Walters, Jan 8, 2004