RE: Print to Windows default Printer

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Golden, Jan 19, 2005.

  1. Tim Golden

    Tim Golden Guest

    [Samantha]
    | I am new to Python and I am having considerable trouble
    | trying to print
    | (using a simple script) to the default printer rather than the screen.
    | Thanks for any help.

    It may be that something here will help you:

    http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/win32_how_do_i/print.html

    Specifically, I think that the section print raw text is
    closest to what you're asking (although not necessarily
    to what you'll eventually want):

    http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/win32_how_do_i/print.html#win32print

    TJG

    http://www.star.net.uk

    Tim Golden, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Tim Golden

    Samantha Guest

    Thanks Tim. I didn't realize it would be so difficult.

    Samantha, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Tim Golden wrote:
    > [Samantha]
    > | I am new to Python and I am having considerable trouble
    > | trying to print
    > | (using a simple script) to the default printer rather than the screen.
    > | Thanks for any help.
    >
    > It may be that something here will help you:
    >
    > http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/win32_how_do_i/print.html
    >
    > Specifically, I think that the section print raw text is
    > closest to what you're asking (although not necessarily
    > to what you'll eventually want):
    >
    > http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/win32_how_do_i/print.html#win32print

    You might be interested in using PDFCreator to save paper during
    your tests. It is a windows printer driver that creates a PDF file:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

    --Scott David Daniels

    Scott David Daniels, Jan 20, 2005
  4. Tim Golden

    Samantha Guest

    Thanks Scott,
    Not wasting any paper yet. I can't seem to get the file to print at all yet.

    Samantha, Jan 20, 2005