RE: Print to Windows default Printer

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Golden, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. Tim Golden

    Tim Golden Guest

    [Samantha]

    [... snip my explanation of PRINT / COPY LPTx: ...]

    | Thanks Tim,
    | That is exactly what I want to do.
    | How do I map the printer to LPT1?

    Depends on a lot of things: whether the printer is
    local or networked; what version of Windows you're
    running, &.

    As a very basic starting point: if it's a local printer
    (ie plugged into the back of your machine) it's probably
    on LPT1: already, or you could go to the Add Printer
    wizard and tell it to configure it for LPT1: there.

    If it's networked, then something like:

    NET USE LPT1: \\servername\printerqueue

    should achieve the right effect.

    TJG

    http://www.star.net.uk

    Tim Golden, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Tim Golden

    Samantha Guest

    The printer is on LPT1, but I sure can't get the temp file to print for some
    reason.
    I am using Windows XP SP2.

    Samantha, Jan 20, 2005