Re: Problem creating ASP.NET web application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andrei Pociu, May 9, 2005.

  1. Andrei Pociu

    Andrei Pociu Guest

    Hi Nathan,

    There can be several causes for this, I would recommend reading:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817267

    And use the Visual Studio command prompt to run this:

    aspnet_regiis -i

    I had the same error recently. The cause was Skype which seemed to hijack port 80.

    Best regards,
    Andrei Pociu
    Geekpedia.com
    "Patrick Olurotimi Ige" <> wrote in message news:%23Ses%...
    Nathan try posting the error message again..
    Its empty for now
    Patrick

    Andrei Pociu, May 9, 2005

  2. I visited the site you mentioned, and I could not find any of the locations it mentioned to change the settings. I mentioned in my original message that I use the version of IIS that comes with Windows XP Pro, which is IIS 5.1, and the KB article you mentioned seems to be referring to IIS 6.0, which may be the reason for this (I am not an expert with servers, so I wouldn't know). Thanks.
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, May 10, 2005