RE: problem uploading ZIP file tp PyPI

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tony Meyer, May 19, 2005.

  1. Tony Meyer

    Tony Meyer Guest

    >>> Try without the --format arg. The code is being too paranoid.

    >> Result: (A) produces a zip file with only minor differences
    >> (presumably a timestamp):

    > Oh, so even without --format, a ZIP source dist file is
    > produced anyway? If this is the case, please file a bug against PyPI.

    How is this a bug? sdist is meant to produce a zip file on Windows if
    --format isn't used. If "upload" overrides this for some reason, then the
    documentation should say so (and, IMO, it would be a mistake for that to be
    the case).

    =Tony.Meyer
    Tony Meyer, May 19, 2005

  2. Tony Meyer

    richard Guest

    Tony Meyer wrote:

    >>> Result: (A) produces a zip file with only minor differences
    >>> (presumably a timestamp):

    >> Oh, so even without --format, a ZIP source dist file is
    >> produced anyway? If this is the case, please file a bug against PyPI.

    > How is this a bug? sdist is meant to produce a zip file on Windows if
    > --format isn't used. If "upload" overrides this for some reason, then the
    > documentation should say so (and, IMO, it would be a mistake for that to
    > be the case).

    "bug against PyPI". Where did I say bug against distutils?

    Richard
    richard, May 23, 2005

  3. Tony Meyer

    richard Guest

    richard wrote:
    > "bug against PyPI". Where did I say bug against distutils?

    Apologies for the dupe response.

    The bug has now been fixed.

    Richard
    richard, May 23, 2005