Re: problem with layers and large text

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Adrienne Boswell, May 3, 2010.

  1. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed ""
    <> writing in news:lnhtt555gijh4v3esqptsvg29n52ke7j1h@
    4ax.com:

    > Hi
    >
    > I set up my webpage using ap divs in Dreamweaver. Everything was fine
    > until I changed the text size on the browser to large then the text
    > from the different layers started running into each other. I changed
    > the postioning from absolute to relative but nothing changed. I
    > finally used tables to get around the problem but I assume I am doing
    > something wrong.

    Good thing you saw this and came here. Most people come here about
    something else, and we have to tell them about it.

    > My questions are:
    >
    > 1) How do I get around this problem using layers?

    There is no such thing as layers. No, that's not true. The layer
    element was a proprietary element from Netscape many, many moons ago.

    > 2) In relative positioning what is the layer relative to and how do
    > you define that?

    It's relative to its parent.

    > Thanks in advance for any help.

    Without a URL we can only guess at what is really going on here. Please
    provide a URL. If you don't have one right now, your ISP might give you
    some free space that you could put your page on, or you could go to one
    of the free hosting providers, like http://000webhost.com, and put
    something up there. Please do not post markup.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, May 3, 2010