Re: problem with layers and large text

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jonathan N. Little, May 3, 2010.

  1. wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I set up my webpage using ap divs in Dreamweaver. Everything was fine
    > until I changed the text size on the browser to large then the text
    > from the different layers started running into each other. I changed
    > the postioning from absolute to relative but nothing changed. I
    > finally used tables to get around the problem but I assume I am doing
    > something wrong.
    >
    > My questions are:
    >
    > 1) How do I get around this problem using layers?
    >
    > 2) In relative positioning what is the layer relative to and how do
    > you define that?

    Well after establishing my psychic link so I can see your computer
    monitor (BIG Hint: URL Please) stop trying to put text in ridged
    pixel-defined block. Don't use position: absolute to make pixel-perfect
    layout. Be more flexible with your layout. Abandon the idea that you
    know what size screen your site's visitors have.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO