Re: problem with overloaded pure virtual functions

Discussion in 'C++' started by Greg Comeau, Jan 15, 2005.

  1. Greg Comeau

    Greg Comeau Guest

    In article <>,
    Chris \( Val \) <> wrote:
    >I attempted to try 'Comeau' on-line, but I cannot get
    >to the website at all.

    In a very rare situation, our ISP has had the rug pulled
    out from under them from what appears to be some sort
    of attack this morning that apparently needs to involve
    "the registrars" to fix. I'm guessing it will be back up
    today. I'll repost again when it is known it wil stay up,
    though of course you can all try before that in case
    it comes up temporarily in whole or in part.
    Thanks all for your patience.
    --
    Greg Comeau / Comeau C++ 4.3.3, for C++03 core language support

    Greg Comeau, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Greg Comeau

    Greg Comeau Guest

    In article <csbgir$f2b$>,
    Greg Comeau <> wrote:
    >In article <>,
    >Chris \( Val \) <> wrote:
    >>I attempted to try 'Comeau' on-line, but I cannot get
    >>to the website at all.

    >In a very rare situation, our ISP has had the rug pulled
    >out from under them from what appears to be some sort
    >of attack this morning that apparently needs to involve
    >"the registrars" to fix. I'm guessing it will be back up
    >today. I'll repost again when it is known it wil stay up,
    >though of course you can all try before that in case
    >it comes up temporarily in whole or in part.
    >Thanks all for your patience.

    Thanks again for your patience. You may have heard about
    the panix.com domain name hijacking, which was unusual in
    that the domain was an ISPs and furthermore was registrar locked.
    It wasn't unusual in that the registar(s) responded poorly,
    had no emergency plans or policies, and have admitted their fault.

    Well, comeaucomputing.com was an artifact of that.
    The good news is that some people did not get to really
    notice the problem do the DNS caching, and there was some
    staff work done to keep things alive before the registrars
    put things back the way they were supposed to be.

    If anybody ever finds http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout
    "down" in any way feel free to email us, realizing though that
    domain hijacking may mean email bounces too :(

    Anyway, thanks for the emails asking if we're ok.
    We're alive and well and packed with surprises for 2005.

    Anyway, let's not discuss this here.
    For some gory details, starts from panix.com and
    your favorite search engine.
    --
    Greg Comeau / Comeau C++ 4.3.3, for C++03 core language support

    Greg Comeau, Jan 19, 2005