Re: Problem with the "for" loop syntax

Discussion in 'Python' started by Oscar Benjamin, Jun 20, 2013.

  1. On 20 June 2013 04:11, Cameron Simpson <> wrote:
    > I use vi/vim and it both shows the matching bracket when the cursor
    > is on one and also have a keystroke to bounce the curser between
    > this bracket and the matching one.
    >
    > If you suspect you failed to close a bracket, one approach is to
    > go _below_ the syntax error (or right on it) and type a closing
    > bracket. Then see where the editor thinks the opening one is.

    I use this technique sometimes and it works if the unclosed bracket is
    still in view.

    If you use vim then you can do [( i.e. type '[' followed by '(' in
    normal mode. It will jump backwards to the first unmatched opening
    bracket. Use ]) to find the next unmatched closing bracket. You can
    also do [{ and ]} for curly brackets. I'm not sure how to do square
    brackets - [[ and ]] are used for navigating between functions.

    Oscar

    Oscar Benjamin, Jun 20, 2013