    windows users?

    Regards,

    tim.

    Timothy Martens, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Timothy Martens

    Mike M Guest

    Re: Problem with Unzipping/Installing Python-2.3.exe

    Tim,

    I'm not sure what to tell you. I installed it at work on Windows 2000 Pro,
    latest SP (not sure of the number, I'm writing this at home) with no
    problems whatsoever. Did you try redownloading the installer - perhaps
    there was a transmission error in your download. Hope you get it
    installed - Python is neat.

    Mike
    --
    the Moum's (Mike, Dede, Suzanne, Jeff, Kristen)
    Tipp City, Ohio, USA

    "Timothy Martens" <> wrote in message
    > Hi John,
    >
    > We're in the same boat. I too am having trouble with the win installer.
    > It's just not working. This is also my first attempt(s) to install
    > Python. I'm running windows 2K. What version are you on?
    >
    > I sent a mesage to the list earlier (subject: 2.3 win installer, "Anyone
    > having problems with the 2.3 win installer? I'm running win2k pro (sp4)
    > and the installer is freezing after the initial dialogues, just as the
    > install starts.") -- but haven't got any feedback. I think maybe most of
    > the people on the list are running Unix? Can someone help us pathetic
    > windows users?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > tim.

    ---

    Mike M, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Re: Problem with Unzipping/Installing Python-2.3.exe

    Timothy Martens <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi John,
    >
    > We're in the same boat. I too am having trouble with the win installer.
    > It's just not working. This is also my first attempt(s) to install
    > Python. I'm running windows 2K. What version are you on?
    >
    > I sent a mesage to the list earlier (subject: 2.3 win installer, "Anyone
    > having problems with the 2.3 win installer? I'm running win2k pro (sp4)
    > and the installer is freezing after the initial dialogues, just as the
    > install starts.") -- but haven't got any feedback. I think maybe most of
    > the people on the list are running Unix? Can someone help us pathetic
    > windows users?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > tim.

    Hi tim,

    I had no trouble installing Python 2.3 on Win 2000 Pro SP3. I'm
    also a Python newbie and so can't provide any help, only encouragement
    that the installer worked fine for me.

    Cheers,
    Steve

    Steve J. Martin, Aug 2, 2003