Re: problem with urllib

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Apr 1, 2009.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    venkat sanaka wrote:
    > This was the code i executed.

    > Exception AttributeError: AttributeError("'FancyURLopener' object has no
    > attribute 'tempcache'",) in <bound method FancyURLopener.__del__ of
    > <urllib.request.FancyURLopener object at 0x010A40F0>> ignored
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<pyshell#11>", line 1, in <module>
    > f = opener.open("http://www.python.org")
    > File "C:\Python30\lib\urllib\request.py", line 1439, in open
    > return self.open_unknown_proxy(proxy, fullurl, data)
    > File "C:\Python30\lib\urllib\request.py", line 1458, in open_unknown_proxy
    > raise IOError('url error', 'invalid proxy for %s' % type, proxy)
    > IOError: [Errno url error] invalid proxy for http: '10.1.2.21:9090
    > <http://10.1.2.21:9090>'

    If you do not understand the error message and the error is in Python
    code, you can go look at the code in the file to get a better idea. In
    this case, the 'raise' statement is almost certainly preceded by an if
    statement. See what condition was checked that your input would fail.
    If necessary, you can edit request.py to add print statements (what I
    would do, after copying to request.bak) what args are actually passed to
    open_unknown_proxy. Or try pdb (which I never have).

    Terry Reedy, Apr 1, 2009