Re: Problem with win32ui

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gabriel Genellina, Dec 22, 2009.

  1. En Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:31:37 -0300, Marc Grondin <>
    escribió:

    > Hello everyone,
    > So i have been building an app with python(and learning as i go along) my
    > knowledge of python is still kinda limited but the app work on my pc. I
    > have
    > also compiled it to an exe using py2exe and it also works fine this way
    > on
    > my pc(where python is installed) if however i try to run it from a pc
    > where
    > python is not installed i get this message:
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "printorders.py", line 2, in <module>
    > File "win32ui.pyc", line 12, in <module>
    > File "win32ui.pyc", line 10, in __load
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

    There is a missing DLL. Dependency Walker is a useful tool to solve this
    kind of problems:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738370(WS.10).aspx
    Once you know which DLL is missing, add it to your setup.py

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Dec 22, 2009

  2. On Dec 22, 11:05 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <>
    wrote:
    > En Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:31:37 -0300, Marc Grondin <>
    > escribió:
    >
    > > Hello everyone,
    > > So i have been building an app with python(and learning as i go along) my
    > > knowledge of python is still kinda limited but the app work on my pc. I
    > > have
    > > also compiled it to an exe using py2exe and it also works fine this way
    > > on
    > > my pc(where python is installed) if however i try to run it from a pc
    > > where
    > > python is not installed i get this message:

    > > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > >   File "printorders.py", line 2, in <module>
    > >   File "win32ui.pyc", line 12, in <module>
    > >   File "win32ui.pyc", line 10, in __load
    > > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

    > There is a missing DLL. Dependency Walker is a useful tool to solve this
    > kind of problems:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738370(WS.10).aspx
    > Once you know which DLL is missing, add it to your setup.py
    >
    > --
    > Gabriel Genellina

    Also make sure that you can legally distribute the dll.

    -------------------
    Mike Driscoll

    Blog: http://blog.pythonlibrary.org

    PyCon 2010 Atlanta Feb 19-21 http://us.pycon.org/

    Mike Driscoll, Dec 22, 2009

  3. Gabriel Genellina

    Marc Grondin Guest

    On 22/12/2009 1:05 PM, Gabriel Genellina wrote:
    > En Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:31:37 -0300, Marc Grondin <>
    > escribió:
    >
    >> Hello everyone,
    >> So i have been building an app with python(and learning as i go along) my
    >> knowledge of python is still kinda limited but the app work on my pc.
    >> I have
    >> also compiled it to an exe using py2exe and it also works fine this
    >> way on
    >> my pc(where python is installed) if however i try to run it from a pc
    >> where
    >> python is not installed i get this message:
    >>
    >> Traceback (most recent call last):
    >> File "printorders.py", line 2, in <module>
    >> File "win32ui.pyc", line 12, in <module>
    >> File "win32ui.pyc", line 10, in __load
    >> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

    > There is a missing DLL. Dependency Walker is a useful tool to solve this
    > kind of problems:
    > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738370(WS.10).aspx
    > Once you know which DLL is missing, add it to your setup.py

    ok so that got me a little further. The app now works on win2k and
    windows 7 but on winXP i get this:

    File "printorders.py", line 2, in <module>
    File "win32ui.pyc", line 12, in <module>
    File "win32ui.pyc", line 10, in __load
    ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
    because the a
    pplication configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may
    fix this
    problem.

    Dependencie walker does not find any major issues. what am i missing here.

    thank you in advance for your help.

    Marc Grondin, Dec 23, 2009
  4. Gabriel Genellina

    Simon Hibbs Guest

    On 23 Dec, 11:10, Marc Grondin <> wrote:
    > On 22/12/2009 1:05 PM, Gabriel Genellina wrote:
    >
    > > En Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:31:37 -0300, Marc Grondin <>
    > > escribi :

    > >> Hello everyone,
    > >> So i have been building an app with python(and learning as i go along) my
    > >> knowledge of python is still kinda limited but the app work on my pc.
    > >> I have
    > >> also compiled it to an exe using py2exe and it also works fine this
    > >> way on
    > >> my pc(where python is installed) if however i try to run it from a pc
    > >> where
    > >> python is not installed i get this message:

    > >> Traceback (most recent call last):
    > >> File "printorders.py", line 2, in <module>
    > >> File "win32ui.pyc", line 12, in <module>
    > >> File "win32ui.pyc", line 10, in __load
    > >> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

    > > There is a missing DLL. Dependency Walker is a useful tool to solve this
    > > kind of problems:
    > >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738370(WS.10).aspx
    > > Once you know which DLL is missing, add it to your setup.py

    > ok so that got me a little further. The app now works on win2k and
    > windows 7 but on winXP i get this:
    >
    >   File "printorders.py", line 2, in <module>
    >    File "win32ui.pyc", line 12, in <module>
    >    File "win32ui.pyc", line 10, in __load
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
    > because the a
    > pplication configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may
    > fix this
    >   problem.
    >
    > Dependencie walker does not find any major issues. what am i missing here..
    >
    > thank you in advance for your help.

    You could try and find out what the __load statement in line 10 in
    win32ui.py does.

    Simon Hibbs

    Simon Hibbs, Dec 23, 2009