Re: Problems making online web editor?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Lars Eighner, Dec 29, 2009.

  1. Lars Eighner

    Lars Eighner Guest

    In our last episode,
    <>,
    the lovely and talented Jan T.
    broadcast on alt.html:

    > Hi. I am trying to make an WYSIWYG html editor using iframe.
    > There is a lot of commands you can use such as
    > function doBold()

    > {
    > iView.document.execCommand('bold', false, null);
    > }

    That isn't HTML. HTML does not have commands. It is a Markup
    Language (that's what the ML in HTML stands for), not a programming
    language.

    --
    Lars Eighner <http://larseighner.com/> Warbama's Afghaninam day: 27
    659.5 hours since Warbama declared Viet Nam II.
    Lars Eighner, Dec 29, 2009