Re: Problems with HTML4.01Transitional pages viewed thru Safari on Macintosh

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mark, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    > I looked at the login page. Why are the form elements within an
    > <object>?

    Hmm good question... That was a left over from some time ago when I was
    originally trying to get the page to go through the MarkUp Validation
    Service, it was the only way I could get the forms to pass, but I have fixed
    them since and should have taken them out... well spotted my man, I have
    removed them

    > I saved the page, commented out the object tags, and the form
    > fields displayed fine.

    Are you using Safari? (Even with the <object> tags it was working on most
    platforms)

    Thanks for your time, I really appreciate your input

    Mark

    Mark, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Mark

    kchayka Guest

    Mark wrote:

    >> I saved the page, commented out the object tags, and the form
    >> fields displayed fine.

    > Are you using Safari?

    Yup, build 85. The form fields on the login page didn't display until I
    commented out the <object> tags.

    --
    To email a reply, remove (dash)ns(dash). Mail sent to the ns
    address is automatically deleted and will not be read.

    kchayka, Jul 25, 2003