Re: Process to combinational circuits?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Thomas Stanka, Sep 4, 2013.

  1. Am Mittwoch, 4. September 2013 02:01:37 UTC+2 schrieb Christiano:
    > Everything that can be done with the process can be done without the
    > process when it comes to combinational, is not it? So what is the
    > justification?

    I use seldom combinatorical process for RTL, but sometimes the code is easier written, maintained or read when using combinatorial process instead of concurrent statements. Especially, if you use intermediate variables for type conversions that are used on several lines within a process you can easecode with process instead of inlining these type conversions at each occurency in a concurrent statement. And often I like to increase readablitiy byusing nested if, which is impossible in concurrent statements.
    Thomas Stanka, Sep 4, 2013