Re: Programming language comparison examples?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Rebert, Jun 5, 2009.

  1. Chris Rebert

    Chris Rebert Guest

    On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:20 PM, <> wrote:
    > I thought there was a website which demonstrated how to program a bunch of
    > small problems in a number of different languages.  I know about the
    > Programming Language Shootout:
    >
    >    http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/
    >
    > but that's not what I was thinking of.  I thought there was a site with a
    > bunch of smaller examples.

    PLEAC (Programming Language Examples Alike Cookbook) is one option:
    http://pleac.sourceforge.net/

    Cheers,
    Chris
    --
    Hope my brain doesn't turn to mush.
    http://blog.rebertia.com
    Chris Rebert, Jun 5, 2009

  2. Chris Rebert

    John Machin Guest

    On Jun 6, 5:45 am, Chris Rebert <> wrote:

    > PLEAC (Programming Language Examples Alike Cookbook) is one option:http://pleac.sourceforge.net/

    """The latest version of Python is 2.4"""

    Appears to be a translation of parts of the Perl Cookbook: """Examples
    which translate the original Perl closely but which are unPythonic are
    prefixed with a comment stating "DON'T DO THIS"."""
    John Machin, Jun 6, 2009