Re: Psyco alternative

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jean-Paul Calderone, Mar 27, 2008.

  1. On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:59:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
    >Diez B. Roggisch:
    >> the author says that the approach is flawed, so at *some*
    >> point it will be discontinued.

    >Can't Psyco be improved, so it can compile things like:
    >
    >nums = (i for i in xrange(200000) if i % 2)
    >print sum(nums)

    Sure, it can be. That doesn't mean it will be. Someone has to do it. :)

    One reason attention is going to PyPy instead of Psyco is that PyPy's JIT
    doesn't require as much careful attention to support and maintain support
    for features like generators.

    Jean-Paul

    Jean-Paul Calderone, Mar 27, 2008

  2. Jean-Paul Calderone

    king kikapu Guest

    > One reason attention is going to PyPy instead of Psyco...
    >
    > Jean-Paul

    I had a look at PyPy, it, indeed, have a very long way to go so we can
    consider it an alternative.

    king kikapu, Mar 27, 2008

    To see how it´s going, you can check this out: http://morepypy.blogspot.com/

    Luis M. González, Mar 29, 2008
  4. Jean-Paul Calderone

    king kikapu Guest

    On 29 ΜαÏ, 16:03, Luis M. González <> wrote:
    > On 27 mar, 13:14, king kikapu <> wrote:
    >
    > > > One reason attention is going to PyPy instead of Psyco...

    > > > Jean-Paul

    > > I had a look at PyPy, it, indeed, have a very long way to go so we can
    > > consider it an alternative.

    > To see how it´s going, you can check this out:http://morepypy.blogspot.com/

    Thanks, that is my source already!

    king kikapu, Mar 29, 2008