RE: psyco for python 2.4?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy), Jul 13, 2004.

  1. Dan Christensen wrote:

    > I've tried the cvs version of psyco and it causes python 2.4a1 to dump
    > core when I "import psyco". Does anyone know the timeline for getting
    > psyco working with 2.4?

    My guess would be about when the first 2.4 beta comes out i.e.
    feature-compelte - but we'll have to wait on Armin for a definitive
    answer.

    Tim Delaney

    Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy), Jul 13, 2004

  2. Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)

    Armin Rigo Guest

    Hello,

    >>I've tried the cvs version of psyco and it causes python 2.4a1 to dump
    >>core when I "import psyco". Does anyone know the timeline for getting
    >>psyco working with 2.4?

    I fixed this particular problem. Now Psyco (CVS tree version) appears
    to work on 2.4a1, but extensive testing is still needed.

    Armin

    Armin Rigo, Jul 30, 2004

  3. Armin Rigo <> writes:

    > Dan Christensen wrote:
    >>>I've tried the cvs version of psyco and it causes python 2.4a1 to dump
    >>>core when I "import psyco". Does anyone know the timeline for getting
    >>>psyco working with 2.4?

    > I fixed this particular problem. Now Psyco (CVS tree version) appears
    > to work on 2.4a1, but extensive testing is still needed.

    I just downloaded a fresh copy of the CVS version, and now the import
    command doesn't dump core, but the psyco.full() command does:

    $ python2.4
    Python 2.4a1 (#1, Jul 11 2004, 12:20:32)
    [GCC 3.3.4 (Debian)] on linux2
    >>> import psyco
    >>> psyco.full()

    Segmentation fault

    Let me know how I can help debug this.

    By the way, I couldn't figure out how to rebuild the package after
    doing a "cvs up". Typing "python2.4 setup.py install" just copied
    things over to the site-packages/pysco directory again, but didn't
    recompile anything. So I downloaded a fresh copy, removed the
    site-packages/psyco directory, and did "python2.4 setup.py install"
    again.

    Dan

    Dan Christensen, Jul 31, 2004
  4. Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)

    Tim Hochberg Guest

    Dan Christensen wrote:
    > Armin Rigo <> writes:

    >>I fixed this particular problem. Now Psyco (CVS tree version) appears
    >>to work on 2.4a1, but extensive testing is still needed.

    > I just downloaded a fresh copy of the CVS version, and now the import
    > command doesn't dump core, but the psyco.full() command does:
    >
    > $ python2.4
    > Python 2.4a1 (#1, Jul 11 2004, 12:20:32)
    > [GCC 3.3.4 (Debian)] on linux2

    > Segmentation fault
    >
    > Let me know how I can help debug this.

    I can't help you with this.

    > By the way, I couldn't figure out how to rebuild the package after
    > doing a "cvs up". Typing "python2.4 setup.py install" just copied
    > things over to the site-packages/pysco directory again, but didn't
    > recompile anything. So I downloaded a fresh copy, removed the
    > site-packages/psyco directory, and did "python2.4 setup.py install"
    > again.

    But I think I can with this. Try:

    python2.4 setup.py build --force

    -tim