Re: Py2exe for 2.3 also copies python22.dll

Discussion in 'Python' started by Thomas Heller, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. "Brad Clements" <> writes:

    > Here's a "screen shot" I'm running
    >
    > python setup.py -d c:\temp\rose s UMXService
    >
    > I have python 2.2 installed, and 2.3. 2.3 is the 'default' for .py
    > files but it seems that py2exe's setup copies pythonxx.dll from
    > system32, rather than picking the specific version that's needed

    Due to a bug, the run_svc.exe distributed with py2exe for Python 2.3
    is linked with pywintypes22.dll instead of pywintypes23.dll.

    Rebuilding py2exe from source should help (currently I have no time to
    do it myself).

    Thanks,

    Thomas
    Thomas Heller, Aug 18, 2003

  2. "Brad Clements" <> writes:

    > "Thomas Heller" <> wrote in message

    >> Due to a bug, the run_svc.exe distributed with py2exe for Python 2.3
    >> is linked with pywintypes22.dll instead of pywintypes23.dll.
    >>
    >> Rebuilding py2exe from source should help (currently I have no time
    >> to do it myself).
    >>

    > Great, I expect that answers my other post about 'can't connect to
    > service controller' as well.
    >
    > are the win32 sources still required to rebuild run_svc?

    Yes. It has also been suggested by Keith Metcalf to open run_svc.exe
    with a hex-editor and change the 'pywintypes22.dll' string into
    'pywintypes23.dll':

    http://tinyurl.com/kitg

    Thomas
    Thomas Heller, Aug 19, 2003