Re: [Py2exe-users] py2exe 0.6.9 released

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Spencer, Nov 17, 2008.

  1. After I "compile" my program with py2exe 0.6.9 with Python 2.6, I'm
    still getting the "Application Did Not Initialize Properly" error
    dialog whenever I run my code. What am I doing wrong?

    Note that py2exe 0.6.9 with Python 2.5 works just fine.

    Help!

    Chris.


    On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 23:21:15 -0800, Jimmy Retzlaff
    <> wrote:

    >py2exe 0.6.9 released
    >=====================
    Chris Spencer, Nov 17, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Chris Spencer

    Pascal Guest

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:23:59 -0500, Chris Spencer wrote:

    > After I "compile" my program with py2exe 0.6.9 with Python 2.6, I'm
    > still getting the "Application Did Not Initialize Properly" error dialog
    > whenever I run my code. What am I doing wrong?


    I have exactly the same problem.
    I have tried just anything I could think of to no avail : Copied the 3
    msvc_90.dll to the system32 subdir of Windows, to the directory of my
    application, reinstalled the whole Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
    Redistributable Package, embedded the manifest data into the exe or kept
    it in a .manifest file...
    Could not make it work. Always got the "Application Did Not Initialize
    Properly" message.
    I'm with Windows XP SP3. I tried all this on 2 different systems and I
    got the same results.

    If anyone can give some help...
    Pascal, Nov 17, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Chris Spencer

    Pascal Guest

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:39:36 +0000, Pascal wrote:

    > On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:23:59 -0500, Chris Spencer wrote:
    >
    >> After I "compile" my program with py2exe 0.6.9 with Python 2.6, I'm
    >> still getting the "Application Did Not Initialize Properly" error
    >> dialog whenever I run my code. What am I doing wrong?

    >
    > I have exactly the same problem.
    > I have tried just anything I could think of to no avail : Copied the 3
    > msvc_90.dll to the system32 subdir of Windows, to the directory of my
    > application, reinstalled the whole Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
    > Redistributable Package, embedded the manifest data into the exe or kept
    > it in a .manifest file...
    > Could not make it work. Always got the "Application Did Not Initialize
    > Properly" message.
    > I'm with Windows XP SP3. I tried all this on 2 different systems and I
    > got the same results.



    I think I narrowed down a little bit the problem. It's not the common one
    when the msvc_90.dll are not located, though the result is similar.
    The problem is when you try to generate at least 2 exe in one setup (with
    2 scripts specified in the "windows" command of the setup).
    This works OK with py2exe 0.6.9 for Python 2.5, but fails with Python 2.6
    (and 2.6.1). None of the generated exe can be started.
    When I compare the content of library.zip in both versions, this file
    doesn't contain any .pyc for the scripts you want to generate an exe for
    with Python 2.5, but always contains a .pyc for one of the scripts you
    want to generate an .exe for with Python 2.6. Don't know if it's a clue
    for finding a fix.
    I have tested many ways to figure this out but I can't find any solution
    for the moment so I'm sticking with Python 2.5.
    Pascal, Dec 8, 2008
    #3
  4. Chris Spencer

    Pascal Guest

    On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:47:13 +0000, Pascal wrote:

    > On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:39:36 +0000, Pascal wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:23:59 -0500, Chris Spencer wrote:
    >>
    >>> After I "compile" my program with py2exe 0.6.9 with Python 2.6, I'm
    >>> still getting the "Application Did Not Initialize Properly" error
    >>> dialog whenever I run my code. What am I doing wrong?

    >>
    >> I have exactly the same problem.
    >> I have tried just anything I could think of to no avail : Copied the 3
    >> msvc_90.dll to the system32 subdir of Windows, to the directory of my
    >> application, reinstalled the whole Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
    >> Redistributable Package, embedded the manifest data into the exe or
    >> kept it in a .manifest file...
    >> Could not make it work. Always got the "Application Did Not Initialize
    >> Properly" message.
    >> I'm with Windows XP SP3. I tried all this on 2 different systems and I
    >> got the same results.

    >
    >
    > I think I narrowed down a little bit the problem. It's not the common
    > one when the msvc_90.dll are not located, though the result is similar.
    > The problem is when you try to generate at least 2 exe in one setup
    > (with 2 scripts specified in the "windows" command of the setup). This
    > works OK with py2exe 0.6.9 for Python 2.5, but fails with Python 2.6
    > (and 2.6.1). None of the generated exe can be started. When I compare
    > the content of library.zip in both versions, this file doesn't contain
    > any .pyc for the scripts you want to generate an exe for with Python
    > 2.5, but always contains a .pyc for one of the scripts you want to
    > generate an .exe for with Python 2.6. Don't know if it's a clue for
    > finding a fix.
    > I have tested many ways to figure this out but I can't find any solution
    > for the moment so I'm sticking with Python 2.5.


    Got it !
    If you want to generate an exe for a script of your own named abc.py,
    rename it because this will never work with that original name. The
    reason seems to be an abc.pyc file compiled by default by Python 2.6 and
    included in library.zip (abc stands in this case for "Abstract Base
    Classes"), and using this name for your own script makes nothing work !
    Pascal, Dec 8, 2008
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Sara rafiee
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,042
    Scott Allen
    Oct 4, 2004
  2. Sunil Miriyala
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    747
    Sunil Miriyala
    Mar 1, 2004
  3. F. GEIGER
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    907
    F. GEIGER
    Aug 16, 2004
  4. python
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,764
    Simon Brunning
    May 22, 2006
  5. Mark Hammond

    RE: [Py2exe-users] py2exe 0.6.9 released

    Mark Hammond, Nov 17, 2008, in forum: Python
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    448
    Mark Hammond
    Nov 17, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page