RE: [Py2exe-users] py2exe 0.6.9 released

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Hammond, Nov 17, 2008.

  1. Mark Hammond

    Mark Hammond Guest

    > After I "compile" my program with py2exe 0.6.9 with Python 2.6, I'm
    > still getting the "Application Did Not Initialize Properly" error
    > dialog whenever I run my code. What am I doing wrong?

    This probably means the Microsoft VC90 binaries aren't installed globally on
    your machine - which would imply they are installed locally in the \Python26
    directory by the python 2.6 installer (I haven't checked that though - I
    tend to not use the installers). In that case, a solution would be to copy
    the files Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest, msvcm90.dll, msvcp90.dll and
    msvcr90.dll from the Python directory into your app's directory. Your
    installer will need to arrange for these to be installed with your app
    (assuming you have the rights to redistribute them) or you can download the
    installer from MS which installs them globally.

    Hope this helps,

    Mark
    Mark Hammond, Nov 17, 2008